The University of Chicago Medicine has been at the forefront of medical care since 1927, when we opened our doors to the first patients. Located in historic Hyde Park on the South Side of Chicago, the medical campus includes the Center for Care and Discovery, Comer Children’s Hospital, Bernard A. Mitchell Hospital for adult inpatient care, and the Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine. The University of Chicago Medicine also has outpatient locations throughout the Chicago area.
University of Chicago Medicine physicians are members of the University of Chicago Physicians Group, which includes more than 700 physicians and covers the full array of medical and surgical specialties. Our physicians are faculty members of the Pritzker School of Medicine.
These organizations are headed by Kenneth S. Polonsky, MD, Dean of the Biological Sciences Division and the Pritzker School of Medicine, and executive vice president for medical affairs at the University of Chicago.
Teaching Hospital Affiliations of Chicago Medical School
Chicago Medical School is community-based, giving students an opportunity to rotate through many hospitals and hospital systems in the greater Chicago area. These include:
- Advocate Christ Hospital
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital
- Advocate Lutheran General Children's Hospital
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center
- Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
- Centegra Memorial Medical Center
- Elgin Mental Health Center
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
- Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital and Medical Center
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
- Presence St. Mary's Hospital
- Rosalind Franklin Health System
- Saint Anthony Hospital
The Chicago Medical School Class of 2014 achieved outstanding match results!
Specialties matched by CMS graduates at medical institutions across the US include: Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics-Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Pathology, Pediatrics, Phys Medicine & Rehab, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, Radiology-Diagnostic, Urology and Vascular Surgery.